Saturday, September 6, 2008

The week that was, and was not.

Monday, I took advantage of the day off and got an early 6 miler in to start my plan to run a fourth day every week. Friends came over later in the afternoon for a cookout and some swimming. We even had a baby swimming on his own, while four adults watched from arms lengths away oblivious that the child did not yet know how to swim. No harm harm was done, and I believe a good time was had by all.

Wednesday, I intended to go for a 4 mile run, but I received a call from my mother in law around 7:30 P.M. in a panic. It seems some, pardon my french, "No Good Fuckers!!!" smashed in the rear door of the condo she lives in. I know now that there are a lot of desperate bastards out there and times are definitely tough. My mother in law literally does not have a pot to piss in. In fact, the most expensive thing in the whole condo may have been the back door the assholes smashed. Anyhow, I spent the rest of the evening purchasing and installing a new door.

Friday, I got back on track with my new tradition of running the seven miles from home to work. It was a great morning for a run mainly because of the breeze from hurricane? tropical storm? Hanna. I do need to make some time this week to go and buy some type of running light, or reflective material before my next run to work. Early morning drivers have a hard time seeing my petite 225 pound body.

Saturday, the kids and I went for a ride in the kayak. We met Nana, Papa, and Nona for dinner, and then went to the "Worlds Most Smallest Classic Car Show" at the Sonic on US Hwy. 41. There were 7 cars, at the most. It actually took longer to get the kids in and out of the car than it did to view the cars.

Sunday, I went for a long run/walk. I had some bathroom issues during the beginning of my run. Lets just say I would have been better off carrying a port-o-let with me during the run. Around mile 8 my potty issues seem to go away, and then another issue arose. I started to get a craving for some Dunkin Donut coffee. So, I decided to make a 2 mile detour for some coffee. Coffee in hand, I then enjoyed a 6 mile walk to Siesta beach. The wife and kids met me at the beach for a quick swim and some sand castle making.

All in all the the first week of September turned out to be O.K. Even though I didn't get an additional run in during the week, I still managed to get in 29 miles. Not bad. Peace Out!!!

Fridays Run: 7 miles 1 hour 5 minutes 1200 calories

Sundays Run: 16.3 miles 10 miles run 6.3 miles walk 2522 calories

No comments: