Tuesday, September 9, 2008

9 Things about Me (SCARY!!! But True)

1. I am a bit obsessive compulsive, mainly with the number 3. I will go out of my way, whenever possible to make things add up to a number divisible by three. Example: If I am bidding a project for $71,000, I would add an additional $100 to make it fit into my crazy way of thinking. $71,100 or 7 plus 1 plus 1 equals 9. 9 is the perfect number in my opinion because it takes 3 3's to make it up. I also like to get out of bed in the morning at a time that works with my sickness. Example: This morning I woke up at 4:30, but I waited until 4:32 "9" to actually let my feet hit the floor. CRAZY HUH!!! Notice the use of 3 exclamation points and that I am pointing out nine things about me in this blog.

2. Ever since middle school I have had a complex about my weight. I think this started because of Pop Warner football. You see in order to play in the weekend game you would have to be a certain weight by game time, or you were not able to play. So, the coaches would have a handful of us big boned players, or (bbp) sit in a sauna during practices to shed away all of our baby fat. On the day of the game the, (bbp) would be pointed out by the opposing coaches as too fat to play, that's when the real fun began. In front of the skinny players, their families and worst of all the cheerleaders the (bbp) would have to strip to their underpants, or birthday suits in some cases, and get on a scale to make sure we were under the given weight. Can you say HUMILIATING???

3. I'm a warrior!!! Correct that I meant a worrier. I worry about everything, even though I realize most of the things I worry about cannot be controlled. I am working on getting better at this flaw because I don't want it to affect my children. Of course it could be hereditary and out of my control. Great!!! Another thing to worry about.

4. I don't usually drink alcohol very often, however when I do I occasionally go a little overboard. I can think of four occasions when this was witnessed by others. To protect the innocent and myself I will spare most of the details. Occasion #1, While working with a fellow friend and co-worker in Nashville we went out one night with a local golf pro he met at the golf course. She took my friend and I to a local watering hole where I attempted to run them out of Coronas, Budweiser, and Vodka. Thirty beers later and who knows how many bottles of Vodka, I woke up on the couch of our hotel room still dressed in my party attire. My friend and the golf pro were sleeping in the bed, probably dreaming about the round they played in the sack all night long. I am happy to say those two youngsters were married a few years later, and I like to think I had something to do with that. Who knows, if I could have stayed sober maybe I'd be a better golfer today. Occasion #2, During a trip to London for a friends wedding. We spent the better part of two weeks trying to run London dry of Stella's. Occasion #4, New years 2000 celebration downtown Sarasota. I drank so much, and so many types of alcohol that my wife actually made me buy the host bottles of liquor to re-stock his home. I also recall smoking one of the party goers bent up Virgina Slim cigarettes. Occasion #4, Superbowl party a couple years back at a friends house. Once again the bar was relieved of all of its drinky drinks. I woke up 10:00m in the morning still drunk, and not knowing who actually won the Superbowl.

5. I have only had one partner my whole pitiful life. Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but the only women I have ever been with sexually speaking is my wife. I came close a few times though. If you call being naked in a pool with another man close. I'm going to chalk that up to being a big misunderstanding among friends, see #4 above.

6. If sarcasm is angers little brother like Jack Nicholson Says in Anger Management, than I'm one angry son-of-a-bitch. I spend way to much of my time being sarcastic with the people around me. The problem is most people do not understand my sarcasm and it goes over their heads. That's all right with me, because it's really only for my own enjoyment.

7. I love running and if there was a way I could make a living doing it a would close the door of my company today. This is very unlikely to happen though.

8. I love Smoothies and Coffee and don't know how I lived without them for the first 36 years of my life.

9. I hate to shop, but I could go to Fit To Run everyday to look at shoes and running paraphernalia. While I'm there I'd also have a smoothie and walk down the way and have some wings at Leroy Selmons. Possibly seek out another sexual partner at Shapes Fitness. Peace Out!!!

Tuesday Run: 4.1 miles, 39 minutes, 704 calories

Wednesday Run: 4.1 miles, 40 minutes, 703 calories

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Dude. Really? That is waaaayyyy too much information to put on the Internet. BTW, as I predicted, I knew all of them. Just didn't know you were crazy enough to publish them all.

Jason: said...

I have no shame. I have two kids.