Monday, September 15, 2008

Walt Disney!!! The greatest place in the world!!! To have a hangover???

Yes ladies and gentlemen on Friday night I either jumped back on, or off the wagon again, but I'm not sure which one. I can tell you I consumed a bottle of Southern Comfort and a bottle of Capt. Morgan in a little less than 6 hours time at my friends card game. I can also tell you on Saturday morning I was in no mood to make the seemingly monthly pilgrimage to Walt Disney World at 7:00 in the morning. None the less a rose from the couch, showered, stacked some clothes up for packing, and oh yeah made sure I packed all my running gear. Even in my dizzy state I made double sure I had all the running gear? I told you my problems run deep. My loved one said she would drive because of my still half conscious state, but somehow I ended up behind the wheel. You see, my wife offering to drive is just her way of telling me I should have stayed sober and been home at a decent time to leave in the morning. She had no intention of driving, and it's probably for the better because her driving probably would have made me toss my cookies. I spent the next several hours sipping on 7-11 coffee and burping a combination of SOCO & Capt. Delicious!!!!

We finally made to WDW, dropped the car off at the hotel and headed to the Magic Kingdom. To get to our destination we had to take a boat. I don't recall the boat being so rough on past visits as it was this time. I really could have used some Dramamine for the ten minute ride. Of course there are a lot of things I noticed for the first time on this visit. It was really hot at Disney and I was glad that smoking was not permitted since I was sweating pure alcohol. There are a lot of rides that spin way to fast in one area in Fantasy Land. The It's a Small World Kids are even more annoying when your'e still half in the wrapper. The train that circles the park is the best napping spot in the whole park. Lastly, watching through your child's eyes the wonder and amazement that WDW always brings out in them is what makes it such a magical place.

By the way a special happy birthday wish to Jack and Emma, the real reason for our latest special trip to Disney. I hope you had great time and you have learned a lesson from your mommy's old high school classmate, that drinking and Disney don't mix.

I came out of my alcohol induced comma on Sunday and got an eight mile run and 3 mile walk in at the hotel before heading to Hollywood Studios. Disney should take some of the millions that my family spends there every year and really think about putting a dome over all the land they own and air conditioning it. Really??? Is that to much to ask??? Peace Out!!!

Sunday: 8 mile run, 3 mile walk

No comments: