Friday, September 12, 2008

Running on empty

I ran to work this morning. It wasn't the most inspiring of runs, but i survived it. No thanks to the angry morning drivers along my path. I even went and bought a new running shirt that practically glows in the dark. I looked like a fluorescent highlighter magnified to 100 times its original size. I think this infuriated the drivers even more and they tried to aim at me.

About halfway into my run I started to smell the most wonderful smell. After a brief search, I found that it was coming from a mom and pop donut shop on Whitfield Ave. Let me tell you that place smelled FABULOUS!!! I haven't had one of those little gifts from heaven in over year and just the aroma made my stomach growl. I thought to myself, if I can trick my body into believing that I ate a couple of those donuts maybe it will go to work on burning fat off my stomach instead. Unfortunately my body is not that stupid and slowed down my running pace. My body knows when I'm running on empty.

I didn't do a very good job of preparing for the aftermath of this mornings run. I forgot to bring a towel for my shower and more importantly underpants. So I guess it's going to be free ball Friday. Peace Out!!!

7 miles 1 hour 15 minutes 1241 calories

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Again. What's with the TMI thing? Just because only two other people are reading this DOES NOT mean that the entire world could find this blog and read it. I was wondering why your boxers were left out in the bathroom. Wacko.