Monday, September 22, 2008

Last Run of the Summer!!! Will someone PLEASE let the humidity know???

At last my final long run of the summer season. I could actually feel the change in the temperature on Sunday morning. The humidity on the other hand is still alive and kicking. Just ask my sweat soaked running gear about 15 minutes into the run. I also was only able to run 14 miles before I ran out of Gatorade and water. This has been the norm all summer for me. Hopefully once the humidity drops to a level where I don't have to stop to wring out my socks every 6 miles, I'll be able to stretch my runs to miles unknown. That would be anywhere past 16 miles. I also am counting on my pace per mile to improve. Back in Feb. during my first half of the year at Disney 9:30 minute/mile was a very comfortable pace for me. This summer 10 min./mile was pushing it and 10 and a half to eleven were probably what I averaged. Oh well, we will see how it plays out as the 13K at the end of Oct. and the half in Nov. quickly approach. I ran the 13K in 1hour 24 minutes last year and think I'm capable of knocking off at least 12 minutes of that time. Secretly, I would like to finish the 13K in 1 hour 9 minutes and finally on my third and final attempt of the year knock off a sub 2 hour half in Ft. Lauderdale.

These are goals that are in my reach. I just need the perfect conditions to play out to obtain them. So, if your listening Mr. Humidity, please go away until next summer. Peace Out!!!

Sunday 15.6 miles run 14 miles 10:30 pace walk 1.6 miles

1 comment:

Alisa said...

You know, I really think it's getting better. This morning it was noticably cooler. Just a couple more weeks of the heat... I hope!