Thursday, August 28, 2008

Father of the Year goes for a run

I should have known yesterday when the lady from the adoption agency never shown for the afternoon appointment I set up that it was a sign of things to come. The one time out of the seven my son has been taken to kindergarten in his short career by his loving dad, he does not get a sticker put in his school work book. The teacher instead wrote this note in the school book, " Jake was not his normal self today. Did he get enough sleep last night? Or, was his father left in charge of him? Jake's mother if your reading this, please find Jake a suitable father. Jake is always on his best behavior when you drop him off in the morning". So much for winning father of the year.

On a brighter note, I did manage to get a run in last night. I think the running gods were punishing me for being such a bad parental unit. Or, maybe it was the heating gods, or maybe it was Lucifer himself. As my football coach from high school used to say, "It was hotter than a fox farting in a forest fire" out there last night. Peace Out!!!

6.13 miles 10 min./mile pace 1075 calories



mile1: 9:35

mile2: 10.26

mile3: 10:22

mile4: 10:38

mile5: 10:56

mile6: 8:28

No comments: