Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm drunk!!! Do you MasterMind?

My wife and I hosted our business group and friends that are lovingly known as the MasterMind Alliance this weekend. The group meets every quarter at one of the business home town so they can see how that company runs its day to day operations. The group consists of two roofing companies that are located in Sacramento and Colorado and another site company that is from right here in sunny Florida, Orlando area. We had the group over to our house for a Pool Party/BBQ , let them experience the thrilling world of heavy equipment up close and personal, had a wonderful meal at The Table Restaurant, and lastly was the MasterMind meeting itself. I would call the whole weekend a success and have to give all the credit to my lovely wife who, as usual planned and set up of all the scheduled events.

Saturday after the event had ended and all our guest have left with the exception Cindi, Kevin, and their daughter Summer who were staying the night at our house and traveling back to the Orlando area on Sunday. This is when the weekend took a turn for the worse.

It all started with Kevin and I took a trip to the liquor store for a half gallon of vodka, sugar free red bull, margarita and strawberry mix, and some bottle of a creamy concoction that Kevin just new would be a hit with the lady folk back at the house. As soon as we arrived back at the house the drinking commenced. It started with vodka and red bulls for Kevin, Cindi, and myself and strawberry daiquiris for my lovely wife. The kids were put to bed and the game board was brought out. The vodka soon ran out as well as the nasty creamy drink that Kevin purchased and then it was on to shots of Patron and anything that was opened in the liquor cabinet. A fight broke out about this time about the particular rules of the game we were playing and needless to say I believe the girls may have been cheating. (Just kidding darling I know you would never cheat. I just have issues with people related to me being bankers.) Anyway the night ended with the possibly drunk guys in the pool finishing off the remaining 18 beers in the fridge and the cheating girls storming into the house to lick their wounds and probably take incriminating photos of the two idiots making fools of themselves outside. Needless to say I woke up Sunday morning at 6:30 in a chair beside the pool.

Besides sleeping most of the day on Sunday I don't have much to report besides being very proud of my two kids for actually trying something new by going to a Chinese restaurant. I know it sounds like a silly thing but to see my five and three year old sitting and behaving in the restaurant really gave me a sense of joy. Damn those two are growing up way to fast. Hopefully this week I can get back on track on the running front. Peace out!!!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I like how you conveniently left out the very best part of Saturday night's adventure with your buddy Kevin. Cindi was right... a parallell universe, indeed. How was that long run on Sunday morning, anyways?

Jason: said...

I think Big jake can answer best. You know what I'm sayin.