Monday, August 18, 2008

Fay Fay Go Away --- You Beoch!!!

Well it took a while but we are having our first real threat of a tropical storm/hurricane in the likes of the crotchety old Fay. I mean Fay? Is that really the best name we could come up with at the national weather center, or wherever these types of names are dreamt up? Of course living here in southwest Florida I'm sure there is at least one blue hair named Fay in every trailer park from Tampa to Naples. I bet if you ask any of them there is nothing in this world that would make them more proud than having a storm with their namesake buzzing by the old trailer park and turning it into a wasteland.

The worst part of this time of the year, being in the site work business, is all the time that is lost. There is lost time before the storm to prepare for the storm. Then you have the actual time lost while the storm makes its way through the area. Finally, the time lost to either fix all of the things the storm damaged, or to just undo all the preparation you did days before the storm. All this time adds up, usually to be at least one week of time that can neither be made up or paid for. The way the economy is right now there is absolutely no way with the competitive bid arena we are in that anyone has been figuring for time lost due to hurricanes. Oh well no need to cry over spilled milk. There I go again with the dairy talk, maybe I should have left the original blog name alone.

On the running front, I managed a 10 mile run to siesta key on Sunday. I stopped at good old 7-11 and purchased a coffee and a couple of bottled waters and decided to take a 4 mile stroll down the public beach. I noticed how still the water in the gulf seemed to be, a "calm before the storm" if you will. The beach was crowded as usual, mostly with people that should not be let outside with the beach attire they had chosen. Hey what I can I say, not everybody can be drop dead sexy like yours truly. On a related note I did see one potential trophy wife along my stroll, however she was playing hard to get by not even noticing me. Oh yeah, she wants me she just doesn't know it yet. Peace Out.

10 miles 1hr 45min 10:30 pace 1522 calories

No comments: