Monday, March 23, 2009

Week Of Gains!!!

I believe the title of this post says it all. First let me start with the positive gains. Friday night I ran a good race and set a PR (23.22) that will be challenging to break in future 5K's. The course at Robinson Preserve was scenic to say the least. The surface itself consisted of asphalt, shell, boardwalks and plain old dirt. My only bitch was the gale force winds that seemed to always be directly in my face no matter which way I seemed to run. It was pretty warm also, but I think these issues were out the control of the race organizers. There was also a dinner that came free of charge for the race participants, including free beer for the 21 and over crowd. I will definitely be running this event next year. Hell, I'll probably win it!!! The winning time was only 16:05. Cutting off 7:15 should be a breeze.

During my 4 mile run on Sunday, I happened upon 3 errant pennies. That's right, during one run I was able to increase my loose change by 2.5 times the original amount. I am proud to report the new total now stands at five cents. We moved from cooper to silver and it's only been 3 weeks. It's only a matter of time before I'll actually be able to afford that trophy wife. Who am I kidding, at this rate it's going to take years for me even to coax a crack whore.

Lastly, speaking of crack whores, Bertha has spoken. Actually winced in pain while I stepped on top of her Monday morning. Thanks be to the all mighty that Bertha is just a scale and not an actual living thing. My extra fatal obesity surely would have killed anything unlucky enough to find its way beneath me on that particular morning. Go ahead and smile pregnant women of the world, (you know who you are), Jason has gained back 4.5 pounds. I have no other way to take this weight gain, but as a learning experience. Instead of lowering the amount of carbs I was eating slowly, I tried pretty much eliminating them all together. While the first week it seemed to work, 6 pound drop, by the second week of that game plan I was left with no energy and miserable. I also only dropped 1 pound the second week. Last week I put the carbs back in and I'm pleased to say I am now a fatter, yet happier Jason. All together in the last 3 weeks I've still lost 3 pounds, which is probably the better way to drop poundage. One week=One pound. Peace Out!!!

1 comment:

Christa said...

I gained about 4 this week too. We are still neck in neck! :-)