Thursday, March 19, 2009

Open Letter To: Bradentuckian's!!!

Dear Bradentuckian's,

Tomorrow between 6:30 and 7:00 in the P.M. you may hear a sound similar to the launching of the space shuttle. You may also see a flame trail following a very fast moving object. Again, like the friggin space shuttle. Fret not simpletons, what you are actually experiencing is much closer than Cape Canaveral. In fact, it's happening right here in your, (weed infested, car on blocks, trailer trash) back yards. Don't jump to conclusions Bradentuckian's. Air Force One is not landing at the Bradentucky/Sarasnoba International Airport with Barack, Michelle and children in tow. It's wayyyy bigger than that!!! That's right!!! It's ME!!! I'll be gracing the fine town for a 5K tomorrow evening at the beautiful Robinson Preserve.

This will be my second race of 2009. I haven't blogged about it because I signed up last minute and also 3.1 miles is not my favorite of distances. I have only ran one other 5K, and that was last year. I can't even remember the time it took to travel the distance. So, at least I'll set a PR during tomorrows race. I looking forward to see if I have gained any speed in the few weeks following the Sarasota Marathon. I have been mostly concentrating on speed work during my training. If I had to guess on a finish time, I would go with 22 minutes and 30 seconds. In fact, anything faster I would consider awesome. This week I have changed my diet, once again, and feel like I have had more energy during my training runs. I have also noticed that the stomach issues I had in the past are also starting to return. Which makes me wonder if 2009 is the year that I finally shit myself ??? I only bring this up in this open letter Bradentuckian's, because I hear it's quite common and perfectly acceptable in this community. I mean let's face it, Sarasota has been shitting on you for years.

In closing, I hope to see as many of the fine folks of the B-town out at the Preserve tomorrow night for the race. Friday is payday so, gas up those four wheelers and riding lawn mowers and come on down to the race. I hear it's all the Old Milwaukee you can drink after the race. Just kidding!!! It's actually Pabst Blue Ribbon!!! Peace Out!!!

No comments: