Friday, March 27, 2009

Open Letter To: My Children!!!

Dear Kids (mainly the two I claim),

That's right Jake and Bryce that would be you!!! Tomorrow is the big day. We will celebrate both of your birthdays this weekend. Why both of you get all the praise, or any other person for that matter on their birthday is still something I may never understand. Your mother did all the work, trust me I was there. But, who am I to change tradition. On your special day I wanted to leave both of you some words.

Jake, my Hot Wheels Wii partner, what can I say: Don't let anyone ever take away your creative ability to take ordinary things in our lives and turn them into your fantasies. Your creativity amazes me. You can literally turn anything you see in our house into a race track for your hot wheels. I also am blown away by how artistic you are. I have never seen anybody that can draw and color like you do.

Bryce, my ballerina: 4 years old and you are already able to speak your mind. You want to be self efficient and in charge, where you get this from I'll never know. Sometimes in order to be heard I think you may stretch the truth a little. But, I understand that's just your way of being creative and also comes with your age. I think I'll just let that issue Lie, know what I'm saying. Despite what you say, your a beautiful girl and I love you very much.

Neither of you are without faults. Just to name a few, sucking thumbs, picking scabs, messing the entire house up in seconds, leaving food rappers and drink cartons on the floor, peeing the bed, pooping a small car out once a week, not eating healthy food, listening to parents, telling on each other, and various other fights and squabbles.

In closing, I wish you both a very happy birthday. I hope someday you both realize how lucky you are to have each other as brother and sister and share this special day. Peace Out!!!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I can't stop laughing. I hope that someday when they get older they will go back and read all of this stuff. Hilarious!