Friday, January 9, 2009

My First PR of the Year!!!

I don't think it actually counts since it didn't take place at an actual race. You think that matters to me??? Hell To The Nah Sis ta!!! On Thursday my training run was scheduled as an 8 mile run at 8 minute per mile pace. Lets just say I made those 8 miles my bitch. Back about 2 and half months ago my wife and I participated in a 8 mile run at Disney World. There were two great feats accomplished that night. I only wish mine was the most memorable of the two, but it wasn't. The most memorable moment of the night had to be my wife's first ever finish line crossing. She finally made it to the starting line, and nobody, and I mean nobody, crosses a finish line quite like that women. The other feat was that I beat my previous PR for this event by 17 minutes. My new PR was 1 hour 7 minutes. If you don't believe me check the side bar on this here blog. I mean who would lie about a PR? Not this guy! For those of you that are mathematically challenged the run I did on Thursday was 1 hour 4 minutes, which is 3 minutes faster.

By the way PR does not stand for Public Relations, Puerto Rico, or even Pubic Region for that matter. At least not on this blog. It stands for Personal Record. Just thought that might need clearing up.

This week is almost to a close, at least running wise. All I have left is a tiny 20 miler on Sunday to run. Hopefully my training will get harder soon. Seriously, I'm already ending my second week of the month and I have only managed to run a measly 71.73 miles. This time last year I was already up to 38.1 miles. I guess I need to step it up, Oprah Style!!! Peace Out!!!

Thursday: 8 miles 1hr. 4 min. 1428 calories
Friday: 40 minute recovery run 3.51 miles

No comments: