Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Last Hard Training Week Before 1st Marathon

It all comes down to this week. Have I trained hard enough to reach my goals? Will I ever share my goals with my large reading audience? Will I poop myself at mile 9? Will I at least run faster than Oprah did in her marathon (4hrs. 29 minutes)? Why couldn't GU come up with a better sounding name than GU? Does the outfit I picked out to run in match my new shoes? Will anyone notice how good my ass looks in these shorts? You see I'm full of questions.

Last Friday I bought the new Pearl Izumi Float 3's. What the "F" are Pearl Izumi, you asked!!! They happen to be running shoes. And not just any running shoes my friend, they are the only shoes that are endorsed by yours truly. The are also the shoes I'll be wearing for my first ever marathon. Pearl Izumi if you happen to be reading this, I love your products and will happily mention your products on this blog for some type of shoe deal. Look Pearl Izumi, it would benefit all of us for you to consider supplying me with free shoes. I mean just think of the thousands of readers that have already seen the praise I'm giving you on this blog. PEARL IZUMI, I'm waiting. Anywho...

Did I mention that my first ever marathon is 17 days away and I already have my outfit picked out for it. Seriously, how gay am I? Who cares what you think!!! The shoes will be the aforementioned Pearl Izumi FLoat 3's, Balega socks, Brooks running shorts, and Pearl Izumi running shirt to finish off the ensemble. Oh, How could I forget, I'll probably wear my Margaritaville hat also. I know, I know, I'm Going To Look FAAABULOUS!!!

Wifey and I are headed with some friends to Vegas on Friday for Superbowl weekend, so I'll be doing my last 20 mile run on the strip probably while the rest of my peeps are hung over and in bed. Nice!!! I am actually looking forward to running somewhere different. Hopefully this cold I just picked up on Monday will be a memory by this weekend. I probably have a better chance of hitting the Jackpot while I'm in Vegas though. Peace Out!!!

P.S.--- Pearl Izumi, I really do love you!!!

Mon.: Interval Training, 1 mile warm up, 3x2mile @ 7:55 pace, 1 mile cool down , 8miles total.

No comments: