Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Last Post of the Year!!!

Well all I have to say is that in December I ran 125 miles and finished my first full year of running with 1218 miles. Not Bad, if I do say so myself. My running shorts still remain free of poop, and I have no major injuries to report. Success!!! I am down to six weeks until my first attempt at a full marathon and from that performance all my future running goals will be based. I can hardly wait to see what the new year brings.

This weekend I tried my luck at driving a race car (Nascar) at Daytona International Speedway. Ah Yeah, Let's just say I won't be replacing any of the drivers on the Nascar circuit next year. I enjoyed the experience, but was happy to get out of the race car after my seven or eight laps. I think I got passed at least four frickin times. The first time I got passed it was by a group of five cars that were all in a draft together traveling approximately 160 miles per hour. Needless to say compared to the 80 or 90 that I was going, it didn't do a lot for my confidence as a race car driver. I think I'll stick to running, at least when I shit my pants it won't be as squishy if I'm in the vertical position.

I want to wish anybody who accidentally reads this blog, (and apologize) a Happy New Year. I wish everyone the best in what looks like will be an interesting 2009!!! Peace Out!!!

No comments: