Friday, December 19, 2008

Open Letter To: 2008

Dear 2008,


Well you are all but gone my friend and I wish I could say I was going to miss you, but I would be lying. Along with your departure the worst president in our History will also be leaving soon. I'll miss him almost as much as the opossum I nearly tripped over a few weeks back. 2008 you did provide me with a few memorable things this year though.

Like getting to watch my boy go to school for the first time and watch my little girl go from three years old to teenager (in her mind) in a blink of an eye. I swear that girl is trouble. On the running front, I participated in three half marathons, a 13K, and one 5K. I got faster with each half this year and actually broke the two hour barrier on my final one in November. In October I started using a running coach, which has made me an even better runner (if that's even possible). In July I started this blog. What a mistake!!! Since I now have so many people reading this thing I feel compelled to keep on writing. Seriously, I thought after a couple of entries I would be banned from using the service. I guess they don't ban people for poor spelling and grammar. Last and least since no replacement (trophy wife) has been found I still remain married to my starter wife. Congratulations on another wonderful year to you "The mother of my children".

In closing, I guess you weren't to bad 2008. Shit from what I can see so far for the start of 2009 I'll probably really be missing you soon. However, forward we must go 2008, so good riddance. Bring on 2009!!! I love a challenge!!!

P.S.--- Let 2009 know that I will soon be setting my goals for her year. Peace Out!!!

This week running: 19.6 miles

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Let's hope 2008's little brother 2009 isn't as much of a terror as we think he's gonna be.