Friday, October 17, 2008

Thank Heaven for 7-11!!!

Today I was in my third training run of the week, which called for a 1 mile warm up, 2 miles @ 8:00 minute/mile pace, a 2 minute jog, another 2 miles at 8:00 minutes, and finally a 1 mile cool down. I decided since the distance covered was almost the same as the distance to my office what better way to kill a bird with two stones or three birds with one stone, anywho I think you get the idea... All was going to plan, up to the first two 8:00 minute miles, during the 2 minute jog I began to feel a rumbling in my belly if you will. I knew there was going to be trouble if I attempted to run the next two miles at my prescribed pace, so I went into search for relief mode. Unfortunately, it was 5:30 in the morning and I was at least a mile from anywhere that would be open at this time. I tried running again in an attempt to get to a facility of some sort in a faster time frame. This only aided in making my situation much worse and more urgent. I was debating making a deposit behind the nearest bush. I began to notice that there sure seemed to be a lot of traffic for this time of morning. With cheeks squeezed I decided to venture on and fight my stomach's urges. Suddenly a light appeared in the distance. Up ahead about a quarter of a mile was my salvation, thank heaven for 7-11, and would like to apologize for my stomach to the manager of this fine Establishment. Also, may I say you have one of the cleanest bathrooms I've ever encountered on a run.

Having taking the Brown's to the Superbowl I was now able to finish my run. I was proud that I was able to complete my training and that I also had not been a victim of the dreaded "Brown Mile" that has been known to happen to some runners. I witnessed this feat earlier this year during one of my races, but that story will have to wait for another day. Peace Out!!!

Wed. 6 miles

Fri. 7 miles

1 comment:

Alisa said...

You have again sunk to a new low in blogging. I admire your ability to continue to degrade this medium.