Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Running Haiku???

Running was stagnant,

I needed some assistance.

A coach was hired.


That's right!!! I'm going to take this baby to the next level. Although I haven't actually ran a marathon yet, I want to be as prepared as possible. I'm not going to be happy to just finish the 26.2 miles. I want to know that I gave it my all and pushed my self to the limit. So I spoke to a gentlemen I met at the local running store and found out that he trains people specifically for running races. One women he trained actually qualified for the Boston Marathon this year. I also liked the fact that this guy was once a fatally obese bastard much like yours truly. I was trying to decide on a training program for my race in February and could not figure which was best for me, so hopefully a coach will lead me in the right direction. I also felt that I was stuck at my current fitness level and stopped improving. I know to others this is hard to believe because they think I look a little sexier every day. But, be that as it may I wasn't feeling it any more!!! Know What I'm Sayin, I know You Do GiRRRRL!!!

Needless to say I'm excited about having somebody to keep me on task. Also, maybe if I talk to my trainer about running I will no longer bore my wife with it. That way we can talk about whatever she been saying to me for the past 18 years or so. Just kidding baby!!! I've heard every word and let me also say that it's been the best 18 years of my life. Here's to trying to remain married until at least the end of the year. PEACE OUT!!!

Wed. 4.1 miles 42 minutes 731 calories

Thursday 3.5 miles 591 miles 10 minute warm up 2 miles @7:30 pace 10 minute cool down
(FAT BOY WAS MOVIN!!!!)

1 comment:

Alisa said...

You have lofty goals for our marriage... Hmmm... can we make it another three months? I think so now that you've hired this trainer guy so that I don't have to listen to you go on and on about running! HA!