Thursday, April 30, 2009

I've got "Georgia On My (virtual) Mind"!!!

Virtual D.O.A will be calling in tomorrow from Albany, Georgia. I know it's amazing how I can predict a day ahead of time where a figment of my imagination will be calling from. Lets just say I got mad skills!!! Albany, Georgia is called the "Good Life City", it's also is the "Pecan Capital of The World" and the birthplace of Ray Charles. Sounds like Albany may have a small identity crisis and can't decide which of the three facts above to go by. I say why choose Albany? Come up with as many tag lines as possible. How about "Hey New York our Albany can kick your Albany's Ass", or "He Can, She Can, Pecan!!! In Albany". Oh well, maybe not the greatest of tag lines, but you get the point Albany. Albany actually does look like a great place to visit and if your ever in the area you may want to check it out. (www.albanygeorgia.biz)

In other news, I am very happy with my over all mileage for the month of April (124). The last couple of weeks I have been stuck at 226 pounds. I attribute that to my ever present urge to fill my pie hole with whatever food I come in contact with, and a lack of any kind of discipline on my part. The weight battle will continue. I also have added some coinage to my loose change tracker. In fact, I tripled my total during one of my long runs. I was able to come across a penny and a dime along a new route that I tried over the weekend. I plan on adding this path to my daily routine and hope it bears more riches in the weeks to come. Before long I'll be able to buy myself a coffee, or at the very least a pack of gum. Peace Out!!!

1 comment:

Christa said...

I know the "stuffing your pie hole" thing all to well these days... Let me know if you figure out how to overcome it...