Tuesday, November 4, 2008

30th Blog, 1000 miles reached for the year, and I still haven't crapped my pants!!!

That's right folks this morning was a historic day, and no it has nothing to do with this election thing that seems to keep making the news. What is all hype about anyway??? The real news is that I pushed my mileage over the 1000 mile threshold for the year and even with my bad typing and grammar skills I have somehow managed to post thirty times on a this here bloggy thingy. Oh yeah, most importantly because I know you all care about this sort of thing, I kept my record of not shitting my pants during a run intact, all though this morning was a close one.

Two years ago not in my wildest dreams would I believe that I would run 1000 miles in one year, or even in a lifetime. To put the mileage in perspective distance wise, Sarasota to Philadelphia is approximately 1000 miles. Shit!!! If I would have left in January and started to run north I could have been in Vermont by Christmas. That would saved my family a lot of money on an airline ticket. Of course I would have had to buy 3 pair of new running shoes during this time, $100/pair, lodging and food for the year, and then the whole missing work for the entire year. Maybe this plan would have been counter productive. I don't know maybe with a little tweaking I can make it a goal for 2009.

As you may know I'm a bit of a number freak, especially with the number "3". That's why I was so thrilled that my "30th" post and my actual mileage for the year "1002.45" worked out in my favor. If I could have only done this post yesterday I would have had the perfect storm, at least in my deranged mind. In addition I'd like to point out it usually takes me about 3 hours to type the incoherent words you are reading in this blog. Embarrassing, but unfortunately true.

Last, and least, I once again found myself facing adversity on my training run this morning. Was it the heat and humidity? No!!! Was it a rabid dog chasing me for the entire run? No!!! Was the pace that my trainer set for me to fast and I struggled to maintain it for 7 miles. No!!! Three miles into said run did I have to stop and muster all my strength to walk, "quickly" back to the house in order to go fishing for some brown trout? YESSS!!! Sadly of all my accomplishment today this is the one I am most proud of. There were many a bush that were spared along the agonizing mile and a half trek back to the house by my will power and whatever muscles are used to stop the horrendous accident waiting to happen in my pants. I literally had a hard time picking up the newspaper in the driveway on the way back inside the house. But, I knew I needed to pick it up because that and our politicians are the only thing more full of shit than I am, even on this historic day. Peace Out!!!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I think any and all victories should be celebrated. Congrats on making it back home AND the 1000 miles.